martes, 21 de mayo de 2013

"To Kill a Mocking Bird" Chapter 2 Questions

 










a)  If Miss Caroline is NOT an important character in the story, how does the author effectively use Miss Caroline’s character in chapters 2 and 3 to introduce important background information about other characters and the setting  of Maycomb in the 1930s?  Describe using examples from the text.
As Miss Caroline is not native from there, she introduced to the Maycomb kids and asked questions that are necessary for the comprehension of the social background of the county.

B)  Imagine you were Miss Caroline after her first day teaching.  Write a brief letter to your family in Winston County describing your day.
  May 21st
Dear family,
 Here in Maycomb things aren´t going so well. In my first day, I started by reading a story to the children but they didn´t understand Anything!, I can´t believe that. Then a girl, Jean Louise Finch, came up saying that she learn how to write and read by her own and can´t admit her father taught her, unacceptable for her age by the way. In the class there was a kid, a Cunningham, he didn´t bringed lunch nor shoes, who would thought that a simple Last name would made him unable to accept a quarter for the lunch!?, then that Finch clarified me that a Cunningham never takes what he is unable to return. Finally ,almost ending the class, a kid trated me as a slut and insulted me with so offensive words that almost made me cry, I´ll never forget him, an Ewell.
I hope you are having better days rather than me.
XOXO Caroline.
PS: I HATE THIS TOWN!











No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario